I haven’t updated where my writing is up to for a while, so I thought I’d give a quick summary of the ups and downs over the last few months.
- I didn’t make it through to the final 3 of the Emerald BUT I’m very pleased with my 6th place result. I’m also very proud of my HRW writing buddy, Erin Moira O’Hara who did make it through! Good luck with Monique, Erin!
- I got my first rejection from an agent. It could have been far worse for my first rejection though – it was along the lines of “I don’t have the time to read your submission (ie my books are full)” rather than “what a load of rubbish!”
- I sent my work out into the big wide world! This was a very scary step for me so it was a big milestone.
- I can start my “rejection slip” pile or wallpaper 🙂
- After my first rejection, I let myself wallow for about half an hour, then got up and submitted to the next agent on my list. And so the waiting game continues…
- I’m halfway through writing my next book – working title Elsie’s Place. Elsie’s Place is the story of three women of different generations forming a friendship as they face setbacks and find love. Yes, I was mad enough to write another multi-protaganist novel – 3 POVs this time! Sometimes I wonder why I do this to myself – then I realise it’s the voices in my head 🙂
So that’s where things are with me. I hope you’re enjoying the guest posts I’m bringing you and hope to have another update for you soon.